Wednesday 18 September 2013

A New Thing

So I finally got all the courage together and decided that it's time to DO THIS. I've wanted to start blogging for ages but have been putting it off for just as long.

Anyone who knows me really well will testify to the fact that I am actually quite private and I don't make myself vulnerable very easily but I am so passionate about making a difference that I cant stop thinking about how each of us has something to offer to the world and how there are certain people that only I will reach. So I'm hoping that this blog will be one of the platforms I could use to inspire others to be their best. In fact, I would like to think of it more as walking a road with others who are like me - working everyday towards discovering their purpose and destiny and fighting to achieve that.

I write as if I am talking to you in person, so often it might feel like we're actually really engaged in conversation.

I'm like the worst photographer around so please don't expect great pictures, but I will try to add some when I feel like it is necessary.

Here's two pictures of what it took to push me to get down and write my first blog.





HERE'S THE LESSON:

This plant was given to us as a house warming gift approximately 4 months ago. Arlene and I are both terrible at taking care of plants, so for some time this plant looked like it would just die and then we'd eventually have to throw it away. But we'd randomly give it some water from time to time and just ignore it.

Then all of the sudden, this week, it started blossoming again and now has beautiful flowers. Even more beautiful than it was when it first came into our home (or rather- our lives).

I now understand why people speak to plants, and I'm even starting to think they can speak back because this little plant taught me such a beautiful life lesson today.

I was reminded of how something beautiful can come out of nothing. Or how something that may have been "counted out" or "overlooked" or "underestimated" can actually have so much potential and can produce something amazing.

Sometimes our lives can be like that. Sometimes we have dry seasons and all that we have to show is the "boring green leaves". We may even start to believe that our time is up or that we wont be able to produce those "beautiful flowers" we had when we were first noticed. But it is very important to make sure that we keep our "roots" grounded in good soil and keep feeding ourselves with what we need to get back to that beautiful blossoming place again. The food we need might come in various forms, such as good relationships and good counsel, time in prayer, or time away in our "secret place" where we can drown out all the voices saying the wrong things.

Sometimes the very people responsible for feeding and watering you can let you down and forget to nurture you, but its important for you to remember your purpose and be determined not to just give up and die.
You are valuable, You have a Purpose, A specific part of the world needs you to make their space beautiful.

Find THAT place, Live YOUR purpose and beautify Your world.

Be encouraged,
Dazz

5 comments:

  1. Excellent first post! I enjoyed reading this.
    www.mrsrogero.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very encouraging. Go Darren

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a way to kick start your blog, i enjoyed reading this Darren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always knew you were an inspiration. Great read Dazz - my assistant youth leader (just had to put that in there...haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got something important out of this, thanks

    ReplyDelete